EMERGING MAKER AWARD
For the 50th Anniversary of Norfolk Contemporary Craft Society in 2022, the Society is initiating the NCCS Emerging Maker Award
The new EMERGING MAKER AWARD (EMA) is intended for a maker living or working in Norfolk, who is just starting out or is already a maker seeking to further develop contemporary craft skills.
The NCCS are fully committed to encouraging, supporting and guiding the new generation of makers.
We welcome applications from all craftspeople who would take full advantage of free membership for 1 year.
There will be 3 awards available in 2022.
The selected makers would for one year:
• Have the opportunity to exhibit at each exhibition.
• Pay no membership subscription, or exhibition fees.
• Receive promotion equivalent to other NCCS Members on the Society website, in print and on social media platforms.
• Have access to NCCS resources, including the option of advice, or discussion with other Members.
• Be included in all general meetings and social events
• To encourage applicants in full time jobs, the usual obligation to steward at
exhibitions can be waived.
Please apply by July 31st 2022
Application Forms (PDF or Word) can be downloaded from the files below. Our normal selection procedures will apply.
Do contact us, via the contact page, if you’d like to discuss your application or submit it via email.
Applicants will need to present at least 4 Items of their work in a single medium: e.g. printmaking, glass, plastics, textiles, metalwork, mixed media etc. A mixture of crafts is not appropriate. A CV should also be provided. Specific details are on the Application Form below.